The ISO 9001: 2015 applies to every business regardless of industry or size. Over a million companies have applied for certification in more than 160 countries all over the world. The revision will help these companies to:
- Consistently improve their business
- Help to organize their processes
- Help to improve the processes and their efficiency
All companies that are currently using ISO 9001 are strongly encouraged to upgrade to the ISO 9001: 2015 sooner rather than later. This is not just for businesses who are already certified but also any companies who are responsible for training others to become certified.
What topics does it cover?
There are several new topics that have been added to the ISO 9001: 2015. There are specific sections that contain various information and topics like the following:
- The current requirements for your quality management system, such as your documentation, process interactions, and document control
- Management responsibilities
- Resource management which includes human resources as well as the work environment
- Realization of the product which includes delivery and design
- Analysis, improvement, and measurement of the QMS
These new changes that have been introduced are provided to companies in order to help ensure that the ISO 9001 consistently adapts to the environments that are constantly changing, especially when it comes to the way businesses operate.
How to get started
If you are looking to get started with the ISO 9001: 2015 is best to hire a consulting team that can help you through this process. Barile Consulting has years of experience when it comes to ISO 9001. It has become a standard for suppliers to ask for verification of certifications. You need a team of experts who is on your side ready to help you transition. Barile Consulting can help your company today become certified to the new standard whether you are new to ISO 9001 or updating from the previous version.
Contact us for more information.