The new ISO 9001: 2015 will now be replacing the previous ISO 9001:2008. It was published in September of this year and includes a variety of changes, some of which need explained. All of these changes were monitored by the ISO committee with a goal to make sure that this standard was able to fit the purpose of corporations as well as their futures.
ISO 9001: 2015 is much more compatible with various other systems of management, like ISO 14001, which makes it more efficient and easy to integrate with other systems. The primary changes to the ISO 9001 are the structure, key concepts, and terminology. There are a number of new key concepts that were added to the ISO 9001 such as the following:
- Context of the organization – This is a brand new concept that helps to relate to the external conditions and factors that could impact a company’s ability to provide services and products to their customers to meet their requirements.
- Leadership – There are some increased requirements when it comes to top management and their ability to convey commitment and leadership with the quality management system.
- Planning – This term is new and relates to the high level structure that addresses opportunities and risk inside the quality management system.
- Support – This is a term that helps to enhance the 2008 requirements for awareness and competence.
- Performance evaluation – This section holds most of the same requirements that were in the previous standard but now focuses on evaluation.
ISO 9001: 2015 is expected to be less strict than the original versions and implements more concepts and terminology related to business management. The requirements for documentation are left to the business to comprehend its particular needs. This standard was written not to benefit auditors but businesses themselves. The audit experience could be very different for businesses in the future.
If you are an organization or business who is still struggling to understand the important changes happening in ISO 9001:2015, then Barile Consulting can help. Barile Consulting can help your company today become certified to the new standard whether you are new to ISO 9001 or updating from the previous version. Our team has years of experience providing ISO 9001 consulting services to clients all over the country. If you need help updating from the older version or starting from scratch, we have the tools to help.
Contact us today for more information.